Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hectic Morning during Day 3 at the Gym

What a morning so far…. I got up super early, for me anyway, at 5:10 to take Elli out and head to the gym. My legs were feeling sore for some reason (probably didn’t stretch enough, duh) so I kept my workout light. Went for 25 minute intervals on the elliptical then did some abs: 50 bicycles, 25 side crunches, plank and side planks, then stretched really well. By then I had to leave in order to make it to work on time. As a “trial” member you are given parking coupon to get out of the secured lot. I tried 3 coupons before we (myself and the front desk attended) realized that they expired yesterday! I had to go to the security desk for them to open the gate for me to exit. What do you know, the guard who had the key for the gate didn’t come in until 7 am!! At this point I was beyond irritated and kept thinking about Elli who still needed to go out a second time and work. Yeah I have a job to go to and a 40 minute commute. I ended up sitting in the parking lot for 20 minutes waiting for the guard to arrive and let me out. There were other cars waiting so it took another few minutes to finally leave.

What a wonderful start to my day…. Luckily I have a very understanding boss who has allowed me to work from home. This way I don’t have to stress over being on time today.

Now that I’m home and Elli has been out, I can sit down for breakfast. I grabbed my packed lunched bag out of the refrigerator where I had some prepared oatmeal for this morning. Unfortunately there was no fruit to go along with it but I wasn't that hungry anyway.

Here’s my oatmeal and morning coffee. My oatmeal was made up of 1 cup oats, 1 tsp agave nectar, 1 spoon of pb, and a dash of cinnamon. I just had a small cup of regular coffee with unsweetened soy milk.



On to a better note…. Last night I polished our silver for Thanksgiving. My great-aunt left me her silver which is probably over 100 years old. As much as I didn’t feel like taking the time to polish it, I felt a bit of pride doing so. It turned out gorgeous!






It's about time to get ready for my real job. Oh yeah, all most forgot that I'm off tomorrow and the rest of this week! I am going to try a cycle class at the gym tomorrow between all my holiday preparations so I'll post how it goes.

Hope today is wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Funny... found out that my Mom sent me her silver and not mine. So that whole bit about my aunt doesn't apply. We all laughed our butts off at Thanksgiving since I thought that. Now my Mom owes me my set, polished! :)

    ReplyDelete