Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin muffins and holiday tea

‘Tis the season for everything pumpkin! I have been waiting for a chance to try this recipe for pumpkin muffins. I made them today to serve to our family Thanksgiving morning, something to hold them over until dinner. They smelled so good while baking and I had to sample one. I chose the biggest just incase it wasn’t baked through the center. It was still gooey so I put the rest back in the warm oven for a couple minutes. It had a nice flavor, not to sweet, but tasty for being under baked. The cinnamon and brown sugar topping was quite tasty :)

Pumpkin muffin batter



Ready for the oven



The finished product, check out the brown sugar and cinnamon topping!






Guess what I found?! The Celestial Seasoning holiday tea!!! I was at Safeway picking up last minute groceries and practically ran right into the display…. I’m so excited to try these flavors. The sugar cookie will be my after dinner treat and I plan on serving them along side coffee during the holiday.




Can't wait to try this...





Tonight is pizza night! Have I told you how much I love Trader Joe’s? They have fresh pizza dough for 99 cents and delish pizza sauce. This week we’re all about convenience meals and had fun making this pizza. I grated some fresh mozzarella for Jeff’s and chopped some veggies for mine. We may have created a new flag… The “stars” are made up of onion, green pepper, and broccoli :) Yummy…



We chose the garlic & herb crust but they also have whole wheat and plain. This one is probably not the healthiest but has the most flavor.






Only needed 1/2 the jar of sauce.




And finally the pizza is ready for the oven. Nice shape!



Dinner time




Time to relax with my tea and catch up on our recorded shows. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. These sound.so.good. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link over to the website, Stasa! Glad you made the pumpkin muffins and they were a success. Looks like you did a fantastic job! A friend of mine who is a nutrition student did the calculations and figured out that each muffin is just 100 calories! Sweet deal & Skinny On!

    ReplyDelete