Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby its Cold Outside

Burr… it was a cold 38 degrees this morning. December has arrived!

I feel like I have so much to share today- hopefully I don’t ramble too much.

I finally registered for my next race! I’ll be running the Virginia Beach Shamrock Half-Marathon on my birthday, 3/21. I went online last night only to see that the cost went up so I eagerly paid my $80 registration and now the training begins. I needed something to keep me motivated through the winter and signing up for a spring race is just what I needed. I haven’t found a training schedule that I’ll follow yet but I started this morning out with a 3 mile run. I set the treadmill for the 5K loop and kept my speed between 6.5-6.7, about an average 9-minute mile. It felt great to start off my morning and training with this run! After my run I was sure to stretch well and work my abs.


On my way to work this morning I had some iced coffee with soymilk and agave nectar. I made it last night using Tina’s directions from Carrots-N-Cake.


For breakfast I packed some oatmeal:

½ c. quick oats
1 tsp. Agave nectar
Dash of cinnamon
1 tbs. Natural peanut butter

This is a great breakfast for work since it’s easy to “cook” with the hot water from our water cooler. All I was missing was some banana. I just got a bunch but they’re not quite ripe- bummer.



I wanted to give an update on the new gym. I really like the gym that I’ve been going to for my trail membership. It’s small but offers good classes however it’s not somewhere that Jeff and I can both benefit. There is a larger gym in a neighbor (luckily we have options) that has a basketball court, a pool, lots of classes, and all the regular equipment. Jeff agreed that if I join this gym that he would join with me, since we would both benefit from their amenities. I scheduled a tour tonight so we can get some membership info. I will let you know how it goes but this may be a win-win for both of us.

Since we have the gym tour tonight we’re having a quick dinner: Boca burgers with green beans on the side. We really threw off our meal plan for this week. Last night we were in the mood for pasta so instead of making the Asian broccoli and rice, we steamed the broccoli and tossed it with whole-wheat linguine and marinara sauce. It taste so good! After fixing it we both realized that pasta was on the menu for tonight so we made some changes. Tomorrow is leftover and/or clean out the frig night.

Shot of dinner prep.



Steaming green beans with garlic and earth balance.



Took this picture in a hurry before adding mustard and ketchup. Pretty boring: Beans, Boca, and soy cheese.





We have really been “winging” our meals this week. It’s always fun to see what you can make while clearing out the refrigerator and pantry.


Rewind a bit to lunch. Today I tried a new brand (new to me anyway) of miso soup from TJ’s: Annie Chun’s All Natural Asian Cuisine. This soup stood out to me for a few reasons: it wasn’t the normal TJ’s packaging since it’s not their brand, and this miso soup has udon noodles which I’ve never noticed before, it’s low fat, dairy free, and ready in 2 minutes! Sounded great and turned out it taste great too. The noodles were a little big which made it difficult to eat without flinging broth all over my desk. So I decided to only eat the smaller noodles that fit in my spoon, that way I saved some carbs along with a mess. Oh yeah, I recognized every item on the ingredients list. That’s a plus!



Miso with Udon noodles.



Under the packaging was a $1.00 off coupon so I’ll be sure to try some more of these products.

I’m going out of town for work Thursday and need to start packing.

Cuddle up with a loved one and stay warm…. Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment