Thursday, December 3, 2009

Work travel and hip pain

Staying out-of-town for work can be so relaxing. A night alone to yourself feels great sometimes. I’m sitting here with the TV on and control of the remote, my laptop, granola bar, and hot tea. It’s going to be a chill night.

So yesterday I fell down the steps, which is so frustrating! I felt like crap yesterday since I was sore and couldn’t motivate myself to workout. Feeling guilty I headed to the hotel’s fitness center immediately after our meeting today. Yeah, forgot to mention that I am in Lancaster, PA where my company’s headquarters are located, for our annual HR Department meeting.

Anyway… I had an hour-long workout this afternoon. Unfortunately I may have hurt myself worse than I thought yesterday. While running I felt a lot of pain in my right hip, the opposite side than I landed on. My bruised butt hurt while bouncing up and down too! So I did intervals of running/6.3 and walking/4.2 for 35 minutes. Then I jumped on the elliptical which felt so much better for 15 minutes of intervals. Stretched and showered to meet my co-workers for dinner.

The hotel we’re staying at has complementary dinner with wine! Sweet deal! Tonight’s menu was a Santa Fe salad bar with dinner rolls. Kind of boring but hey it was free. I had two helpings of salad with spring mix, cucumbers, tomatoes, and these tiny little shrimp. It wasn’t very filling so I had a whole-wheat dinner roll but skipped the wine.

After dinner we were all craving something sweet but there were no dessert offerings. We headed to the hotel’s “snack shack” for munchies. I couldn’t do ice cream as much as I wanted to. I opted for a granola bar that I’d never heard of: Mrs. May’s Naturals Trio. The ingredients sounded great.

Here’s the ingredient list: cashews, almonds, pistachios, cranberries, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dates, raisins, rice malt, natural flavors, evaporated can juice, sea salt.

Not near as good as Larabars but I had to try it!! I took a picture but will have to post it once I get home. The verdict- it taste good, whole, and filling. However I won’t go searching for these when I get home.

I am going to spend sometime exploring blogs and then hit the bed. Hopefully I’m not too sore tomorrow since I got a 6:00 am wake up call to workout. Nighty night all!

*I'll add pics when I get home*

One last thing- I almost forgot to add this link. Bobbi's post today offers some great tips for staying fit this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment