Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kale, Yams, and Onions... oh my!

hello again, second post for today and then I'm done!

Decorating our Christmas tree today totally got me in the holiday spirit. We listened to festive music and ate sugar cookies :) Elli was so well behaved too.






I still can't get over the fact that she isn't interested in the tree. Maybe I should stop saying that so I don't jinx it.








We also did a lot of cooking today. Jeff made some huge turkey meatballs that he'll probably be eating all week long. I must admit they did look pretty good.



He cooked them then added peppers, onions, and seasoning.



Topped them with sauce and then put them in the oven for about 40 minutes.



Once they baked he covered them with a ton of cheese.


We each made our own dinners for tonight. I bought kale at the grocery store yesterday but have never cooked with it or ever eaten it for that matter. So I looked up some recipes on Veg Cooking and found this one. It sounded good and we had most of the ingredients. I had to modify it just a bit.

I chopped and cleaned the veggies.





Cooked the yams then added onions and garlic.



Tossed in the kale.


Once the kale was cooked down it was ready. Look at the vibrate colors!



This was a great way to eat kale for the first time. The meal was very flavorful, clean, and light. I believe I could eat the entire pot and not feel the least bit guilty. And I just might do that if I get hungry later :)



That's all for tonight. Time to put laundry away and plan my workouts for the week.

Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment